|Mika Keränen (Misfit)|
|Birth date||Late 70's|
|Birth place||Kajaani, Finland|
Calling himself “punk rock coder”, Mika "Misfit" Keränen has been creating games as a hobby for a long time. His first experience with programming was when he created a kind of a text adventure game on a VIC-20 as a child. In 1998, his war strategy game IsoWiha got to the finals of Discover competition.
Keränen returned to his roots in the beginning of 2010, and, inspired by his friend Aleksi Eeben, he bought a new VIC-20. In August 2013 his game FastBoy placed in 36 out of 1437 games at the Ludum Dare 27 game development event.
In November 2015, British company Cronosoft published Misfit’s Super Starship Space Attack on a cassette. An isometric adventure Pentagorat was published on a cassette for the Commodore VIC-20 in December 2016.
- 1998 IsoWiha (DOS) (download)
- 2009 NoNeKe (Windows Mobile)
- 2012 WTF World (Windows) (download)
- 2012 Devilock (Windows/Wii/Web) (download)
- 2013 KiraKiraRetro (Android/Windows/Wii/Web) (download)
- 2013 FastBoy (VIC-20) (d64)
- 2013 BolderDan (VIC-20) (d64) (t64)
- 2014 ViccyBird (VIC-20) (prg)
- 2014 Bertie The Ball (VIC-20) (prg)
- 2014 Super Starship Space Attack (VIC-20) (prg)
- 2015 Mr Angry Dude (Commodore 16) (d64) (tap)
- 2015 RetroRalliRace (Android) (download)
- 2015 Dork Dave and The Dirty Trick (Commodore 16) (d64)
- 2016 Pentagorat (VIC-20) (download) (buy a tape) (video)
- 2017 Pilot Attack (ZX Spectrum) (download) (video)
- 2017 Cheese and Onion (VIC-20) (buy a cartridge) (video)
- A roguelike game (gif)
- 2012 MisfiTrackerII (Windows)
- Commodore Free (issue 77), "Interview with Misfit".
- Ludum Dare 27, "Fastboy by Misfit". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Cronosoft. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- The Future was 8bit: Pentagorat (2016). Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Mika Keränen's homepage
- Misfit at itch.io
- Interview with Misfit (Commodore Free, issue 77)
- Interview with Misfit (Turbovisio)
|Language:||English • Suomi|