Getting Started Guide for new registered users. This guide will walk you through the account creation, editing of pages and the creation of new articles.
Quick Start Guide
Creating an account
To contribute, you need to:
- Create an account.
- Confirm your email address.
Once you confirm your email you are ready to edit pages. Creating an account is free and available to anyone with a valid email address.
How to contribute
You can improve the site for example in the following ways:
- Fix errors such as grammar or spelling mistakes.
- Improve the existing articles by adding the missing information.
- Write new articles on topics that are missing.
See Help:Contents at mediawiki.org for more details.
General guidelines for writing articles:
- Write the old video games that have been published in the 1980's and 1990's.
- Do not create short articles with very little information.
- Do not copy text from other websites or sources.
- Do not use copyrighted material.
Sample articles can be used when creating new articles:
|Sample game article||English||The basic structure of the game article.|
|Sample game article/fi||Finnish||The basic structure of the Finnish game article.|
|Sample emulator article||English||The basic structure of the emulator article.|
|Sample emulator article/fi||Finnish||The basic structure of the Finnish emulator article.|
See more examples.
Select the appropriate categories to the article.
Video game article
|Category||The English page (example)||The Finnish page (example)|
|Language:||English • Suomi|